Facebooks face recognition is a feature used to analyze photos and videos facebook thinks a user is in. This feature allows Facebook to achieve a more secure social community. When you turn your face recognition setting on, facebook creates a template with your photos and videos, letting it recognize you in other photos and videos.
Keep in mind, the face recognition setting is available to people who are over 18. People under 18 won’t have the face recognition setting. This feature is turned off by default if you are new to facebook. The facebook face recognition has replaced the tag setting which means that tag is now the recognized faces in a photo or video.
To turn this setting on or off for your account.
- Tap at the top right of Facebook
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy> Settings
- Scroll down to Privacy and tap Face Recognition
- Tap Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos ?.
- Select Yes or No to confirm your choice.
When you turn this setting off
- Your Facebook experience won’t include recognizing you.
- Facebook will delete your face recognition template
- It won’t use face recognition to suggest that people tag you in photos. This means that you’ll still be able to be tagged in photos, but we won’t suggest tags based on a face recognition template.
Face recognition is a very good upgrade from the social media giant, Facebook. As many users are impersonated, or photos misused, facebook now brought up a way to solve this.
This is an essential feature every facebook user should turn on, so as to ensure more profile security. Not turning on the face recognition can cause a duplicate person on Facebook, account face will vulnerable and easy to be hacked.
This information is gotten from facebook